Neurofeedback trains the brain like exercise and helps it to learn healthier patterns and rhythms to function more optimally.
We use neurofeedback in our therapy because it decreases symptoms of trauma, ADHD, depression, and anxiety.
The team at NeuroTherapy and Trauma Center of Utah helps children recover from trauma and improve their behavior. We provide compassionate counseling and make it even more effective by combining it with neurotherapy and sensory integration.
- We specialize in neurotherapy, a brain-based approach to healing.
- Neurotherapy combines counseling, mindfulness, and neurofeedback in one session.
- Neurofeedback decreases symptoms of trauma, ADHD, depression, and anxiety.
- Neurofeedback is 80%-85% effective in helping children focus at school and home without the need for medication.
Neurotherapy starts with creating a map of your brain using scalp sensors (on a cap) that measure your brain’s electrical activity. This brain map is incredibly accurate at identifying problematic areas in the brain, and we use this map to create a personal treatment program for you or your child. There is no one-size-fits-all solution for therapy or neurofeedback. Your treatment program should be tailored to your brain.
Neurofeedback also significantly decreases racing thoughts, feelings of hopelessness, anxiety, emotional distress, and cloudy judgement. Many children have success with being more calm and focused after 25-35 sessions of neurofeedback training. Children report that they have fun during the training as well, either watching a movie, playing a game, or learning a new skill to be calm.
Neurofeedback training is:
- few (if any) side effects
- long lasting
Neurofeedback is a biofeedback therapy. Our instruments record information about the electrical activity of the brain. Brain waves cycle up and down constantly; each time brain wave rhythms or patterns improve, trainees receive feedback in the form of tones or graphics.
Patterns of unbalanced brainwaves are found in people who are depressed, anxious, obsessive-compulsive, and who experience memory loss, learning disabilities, and lack of focus/concentration. Amazingly, the brain subconsciously learns to produce more of the improved brainwave pattern. As patterns change for the best, trainees often report improved cognitive or behavioral functioning. After sufficient training, biofeedback learning is maintained without training.
Neurofeedback is commonly used in Europe and Canada; it’s quickly spreading across the United States. The brain is a fascinating organ and we are still discovering more ways that it repairs itself and how it interacts with the body. But we do know that neurofeedback has an 85% success rate for mental health and cognitive disorders, plus it enhances our performance in minor and major motor tasks.
Want to do neurofeedback on yourself? Now you can! Read more about our rental system to use at home at your own pace (under our supervision).
Neurofeedback is FDA Approved for Alpha Training/Relaxation.
Why call us for neurotherapy?
- We’re a premiere neurotherapy provider.
- We’re board certified and have the best equipment to provide the most accurate brain map, resulting in extremely effective neurotherapy treatment.
- We include a 19-point quantitative EEG (QEEG) assessment, or brain map, with every mental health assessment we complete.
- We will show you your brain map and explain exactly which areas would benefit from neurotherapy.
Please contact us today for a free consultation and to schedule your QEEG. We are based in Clinton, Utah, near Ogden. In-home counseling may be available. Please ask! Call 801-855-7999.
Sign up for our free wellness newsletter to learn about your brain health and parenting tips. And watch for our free community workshops for parents and for teens.